IOBC-WPRS is one of six Regional Sections
of the International Organisation for Biological Control.
IOBC was established in 1955 to promote environmentally
safe methods of pest and disease control in plant protection.
Members of WPRS are individual scientists, governmental, scientific or commercial organisations from 24 countries of Europe, Mediterranean region and the Middle East.
IOBC-WPRS encourages collaboration in promoting feasible and environmentally safe methods of pest and pathogen control.
IOBC-WPRS fosters research and practical application, organises meetings, symposia, offers training and information, especially of biological methods of control, but also of all methods, including chemicals, within an integrated pest management context. Major activities include development and standardisation of testing methods for effects of pesticides on beneficial species, pest and disease damage assessment, modelling in relation to pest and disease management, and the practical implementation of biological and integrated controls for pests and diseases of particular crops.
New Meeting Announcements:
- The 2nd World Congress on the use of Biostimulants in Agriculture, 16.-19.11.2015, Italy.
Deadline for call for papers: Extended to 24.05.2015
- International Scientific Conference "Innovative and environmentally friendly technologies in plant protection", 24.-25.09.2015, Kazakhstan.
Deadline for registration: 25.05.2015
Deadline for the submission of articles, posters and information about exhibition materials: 30.05.2015
- INNOHORT 2015: Innovation in Integrated & Organic Horticulture, 08.-12.06.2015, France.
Deadline for late registration: 25.05.2015
- 10th International PGPR Workshop, 16.-19.06.2015, Belgium.
Deadline for late registration: 31.05.2015
- PR IR 2015: PR Proteins and IOBC-WPRS WG "Induced Resistance against Pathogens and Insects", 06.-10.09.2015, Germany.
Deadline for abstract submission: 31.05.2015
- 40th Meeting of the IOBC-WPRS Working Group "Pheromones and Other Semio-Chemicals in Integrated Production": The Good Sense of Scent, 08.-13.11.2015, Israel.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 01.06.2015
- IOBC-WPRS WG "Integrated Control of Mite Pests", 08.-10.09.2015, Spain.
Deadline for early registraiton and IOBC Bulletin contribution submission: 01.06.2015
- IOBC-WPRS WG "Microbial and Nematode Control of Invertebrate Pests", 07.-11.06.2015, Latvia.
Deadline for late registration: 05.06.2015
- 9th Meeting of the IOBC-WPRS Working Group "Integrated Control in Protected Crops, Mediterranean Climate": Pest Management in an Ever-Changing World, 11.-15.10.2015, Israel.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 15.06.2015
- ABIM 2015, Annual Biocontrol Industry Meeting, 19.-21.10.2015, Switzerland.
Deadline for submission of presentations: 18.06.2015
- miCROPe 2015: Microbe-assisted crop production – opportunities, challenges & needs, 23.-25.11.2015, Austria.
Deadline for abstract submission: 19.06.2015
- EMAPi 2015: 13th International Conference Ecology and Management of Alien Plant Invasions, 20.-24.09.2015, Hawai'i Island, USA.
Deadline for early registration: 20.06.2015
- 10th Conference on Integrated Protection of Stored Products, IPSP - 2015, 28.06.-01.07.2015, Croatia.
Deadline for late registration: 20.06.2015.
Deadline for submitting full papers: 29.06.2015